About the Building
One of the architectural marvels of Sundance Square, the Knights of Pythias Club Building is a replica of a medieval civic building, complete with a knight who oversees the activity on the streets below. The red brick structure also features a castle turret, providing a striking contrast to other buildings while blending with the historic atmosphere of Sundance Square.
Haltom’s Jewelers – an upscale, locally owned jewelry store – is located on the ground floor.
- Wonderful restaurants, entertainment, shopping, and night life only steps from your office
- Private security force patrolling the district 24/7 – plus state-of-the-art electronic monitoring
- Easy access to parking for your staff in parking garages and surface lots
- Many custom interiors available, offering the look and feel you want
- Unmatched service by professional management company with decades of experience with Class A and B office space
Built in 1881, the Knights of Pythias Castle Hall was the first Pythian Temple constructed in the world and the only one with a cornerstone laid by Justus H. Rathbone, the founder of the order. This addition to the Castle Hall, the Knights of Pythias Club Building, was completed in 1920 and restored in 1981. When the building was restored, a replica of the original knight was put in place.
The building is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and is a Recorded Texas Historic Landmark.