About the Building
One of the most distinctive buildings in downtown Fort Worth, this is the city’s oldest fire station. Today, Fire Station No. 1 is incorporated into Wells Fargo Tower at the northeast corner of Second and Commerce. Indigo Yoga is located on street level.
203 Café is located on the second floor of Fire Station No. 1.
Before Fire Station No. 1 was constructed in 1907, Fort Worth’s first city hall stood on this site. The mayor’s office and other city offices were on the second floor. Volunteer firefighters with a hook-and-ladder wagon occupied the first floor, along with Bill, their cougar mascot.
Designed by Sanguinet & Staats and built by Samuel A. Tomlinson, Fire Station No. 1 served the northern part of the city until 1980, when restoration began. The restoration work was completed in 1982.